NOTICE OF DEKALB BOARD OF EDUCATION PUBLIC BUDGET INPUT MEETING:
If you care about how the school system spends your tax dollars and where they intend to either make cuts - or raise revenue - you won't want to miss this Thursday's meeting.
On Thursday, January 28, 2010, at 6:00 pm, the DeKalb Board of Education will hold a Public Budget Input Meeting at the DeKalb County School System's William Bradley Bryant Center of Technology, 2652 Lawrenceville Highway, Decatur.
The purpose of the meeting is to receive input from the public regarding the taxpayers’ priorities in preparation for the development of the 2010--2011 school system budget. The agenda for the meeting is (below).
Meeting information can be accessed online by going to:
www.dekalb.k12.ga.us, click on Board of Education and Meeting Information.
Thomas E. Bowen, Chair
DeKalb Board of Education
C. ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
It is requested that the DeKalb Board of Education adopt the January 28, 2010, public budget input meeting agenda.
Motion by: ___ Seconded by: ___ Vote: ___
By: Dr. Crawford Lewis, Superintendent
E. CITIZEN COMMENTS
There is no advance sign up for the Public Budget Input Meeting. Individuals will be allowed to sign up the day of the meeting between 4:45- 5:45 pm. Each speaker will be allowed 2 minutes to address the Board, for a total of 30 speakers.
1. Community Informational Math Meeting (Regions 3 & 4), 8:30am, Saturday, January 30, 2010, Oakview Elementary School, 3574 Oakville Road, Decatur
2. 11th Annual Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl, 9:00am, Saturday, January 30, 2010, Miller Grove High School, 2645 DeKalb Medical Parkway, Lithonia
3. Dunwoody-Chamblee Parent Council Meeting, 8:45am, Wednesday, February 3, 2010, Vanderlyn Elementary School, 1877 Vanderlyn Drive, Dunwoody
4. Auxiliary Advisory Committee Meeting, 10:00am, Wednesday, February 3, 2010, Sam Moss Service Center, 1780 Montreal Road, Lawrenceville
5. Business Advisory Committee Meeting, 8:30am, Thursday, February 4, 2010, Robert R. Freeman Administrative Center, Building A, J. David Williamson Board Room, 3770 North Decatur Road, Decatur
6. DeKalb Board of Education Work Session & Business Meeting, 6:00pm, Monday, February 8, 2010, William Bradley Bryant Center of Technology, 2652 Lawrenceville Highway, Decatur