New Details added --Some contract highlights:
Based on the link below, 30 minutes is being allotted for question and answers. The whole presentation is planned for an hour. I think when the original 3 were here, they each had 50 minutes or so to introduce themselves and answer 10 questions. You can click on the link below to submit your questions ahead of time or show up early, between 8:45 and 9:45 am to do the same.
Meet and Greet (from the press release)
The DeKalb County Board of Education is pleased to announce that the board’s finalist for superintendent, Dr. Cheryl Atkinson, will visit with parents, community members and others on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 10 AM. Dr. Atkinson will share her vision for the school system and meet with parents, community leaders and other DCSS stakeholders.
“We’re pleased to introduce Dr. Atkinson to our community of parents and concerned citizens,” said Thomas Bowen, chairman of the DeKalb County School System. “It was Dr. Atkinson’s desire to come immediately to share her vision with our parents and citizens, but she is rightfully focused on the start of the school year in Lorain, Ohio, where she remains superintendent.”
Dr. Atkinson will give a brief overview of her vision for the school system and answer questions submitted by community members. “We are confident that once DeKalb residents get an opportunity to hear directly from her, our parents and community members will be impressed with her creative approaches to increasing academic performance,” said Bowen.Contract is linked here...https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mv8cuU6C3Y8sMVYtTXU1ULbrtylJVzbq3W-wocgKXjk/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
- Term of three (3) years, commencing on September 15, 2011, and ending on September 14, 2014
- Annual base salary of two-hundred and seventy-five thousand dollars ($275,000.00)
- A one-time advance of thirty (30) vacation days
- An expense allotment of twenty-six hundred dollars ($2,600.00) per month to cover routine expenses incurred in connection with her position, and the SUPERINTENDENT shall not be required to submit reimbursement requests for such expenses.
- In addition, the BOARD shall reimburse the SUPERINTENDENT for all other reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the performance of her duties, as authorized by BOARD policies and as permitted by State or Federal law.
- In lieu of furnishing DR. ATKINSON with an automobile, gas for the automobile, maintenance on the automobile, reimbursement for mileage, and insurance for the automobile, the BOARD will provide DR. ATKINSON with a travel allowance in the amount of seven-hundred and fifty dollars ($750.00) per month.
- A PDA, home fax machine, office and home internet access, laptop computer, and other electronic devices, of the BOARD’S choosing, for effective modern communication
- An allowance for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by her in connection with her relocation
- Reasonable, temporary housing in the District at a cost not to exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) per month, for a period of up to six months
- Legal protection
And then there is this very interesting clause under Termination for the Board's Convenience:
The BOARD, upon a three-fourths (3/4) vote of its members, may at its option unilaterally terminate this Contract for its convenience by giving the SUPERINTENDENT a minimum of ninety (90) days written notice of termination at any time. In the event of such termination, the BOARD shall pay to the SUPERINTENDENT severance pay, either all of the aggregate salary she would have earned under this Contract from the actual date of termination to the termination date set forth in this Contract, or a sum equivalent to twelve (12) months of the annual base salary as stated in Paragraph 4 of this Contract, whichever is less.
Exactly how many is three-fourths of nine? OR three-fourths of seven?