Frequent blogger Kim->CommunityRadar.Com posted the following summary for this meeting on Wednesday, 2/11:
In spite of bronchitis and a power outage I made the X-Keys meeting. It was moved to Ashford Park Elementary due to a power outage at the school.
This also meant I missed the presentation portion. However, most of the salient points were covered again in Q&A.
My take-aways look like this:
1. SPLOST III money is NOT going to be used for the merger and WILL still be allocated to the defined work at X-Keys ($16.9 million).
2. There IS separate funding for the Tech merger.
3. The X-Keys work has been delayed due to probs with service providers (they quit).
4. DCSS is finalizing the 'bidding' phase again and expect a new contractor eminently.
5. Pat Pope still encourages stakeholders to contact her office with suggestions / wishlists for X-Keys.
6. The Tech group will not operate as a 'school-within-a-school' under a separate administration.
7. Tech students at X-Keys are not eligible for sports, etc. at X-Keys but Moseley said they are looking at "options" still.
8. No fixed project schedule will be set until 10 days or so after the contract sign date (TBD).
9. Completion is obviously an open subject but they are batting around 4th quarter 2010 dates.
In under 10, there you go. Word out! X-Keys rules. Watch out, the Indians are coming ...
There were some 'trust' issues that 'may' have been resolved as a result of this meeting. The community should continue to watch the developments of this situation.
What do you think? Will designating Cross Keys as a 'full service' school with academic and heavy technical programs serve the needs of the community and its students?