Georgia has historically been a leader in the civil rights movement and I will be coming to Atlanta on Thursday, April 14th to speak at Spelman College. Mayor of Sacramento and education reform advocate Kevin Johnson will join me alongside local leaders for a panel discussion on this important topic. We will explore the critical question: Is education the civil rights issue of our time?
Please join us:
StudentsFirst Panel Discussion
Thursday, April 14, 2011
6:30 PM to 8:45 PM
Sisters Chapel, Spelman College
350 Spelman Lane SW, Atlanta, GA 30314
Click here to RSVP to the event now.
Bring your friends and join us for a panel discussion to explore how we can put the needs of Georgia's students first. RSVP at Georgia@studentsfirst.org
I hope to see you on Thursday, April 14.
Please. Please, Please stop promoting Michelle Rhee.
She is NO friend to public schools in general or to low income students specifically!.
1. She lied or showed a reckless disregard for the truth about her students’ achievement as a TFA intern;
2. She lied or showed a reckless disregard for the truth about the alleged media attention she claimed on her resume;
3. She lied or showed a reckless disregard for the truth about the DCPS budget;
4. She lied or showed a reckless disregard for the truth about the reason(s) teachers were fired without due process under her watch;
5.She lied or showed a reckless disregard for the truth about any and all educational research;
6. She lied or showed a reckless disregard for the truth about test scores under her watch (they went DOWN during her 3rd year after shrinking during her 2nd, after nearly two decades of steady increases. The more she “reformed” the worse the student’s performance, IF you accept test results as a measure. Look at the trends.)
7. She lied or showed a reckless disregard for the truth about cheating on these tests.
Now remember… SHE PERSONALLY BEEFITED for each of these misstatements, in fact, HER VERY IDENTITY as an “education expert” is her SACRED STORY based ENTIRELY on these falsehoods, you have to question credulity of anyone who even listens to her excuses.
Rhee is a self promoting huckster….Not the savior of public education.
Please stop promoting her.
For support of all of these please see the following:
Post a Comment