Below is a list of the new people instituted so far. Please add more in the comments as they occur.
First, Dr. Atkinson is hiring her own (mostly outside of GA) team of high level administrators. So far this includes:
- Kathleen S. Howell as Deputy Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.
- Kendra D. March as Deputy Superintendent for School Leadership and Operational Support.
- Gary Brantley as Chief Information Officer.
- Walter Woods as Executive Director of Communications.
- Ralph Taylor, the executive director of alternative education and safe schools at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools in Charlotte, N.C., will become DeKalb's associate superintendent for support services. As a result of Monday's board decision, Taylor will replace Felicia Mayfield, who is retiring Dec. 31.
We have been told that
- Mr. Moseley has been moved from Associate Superintendent to Area Superintendent.
- Dr. Pringle has been moved from Area Superintendent to Principal at Towers HS.
- Dr. Beaseley has been moved from Interim Dep Super for Teaching & Learning to a position in Race To The Top (RTTT- new NCLB funds won by GA).
- Audria Berry (head of the Office of School Improvement - aka Title 1) and her assistant, A. Davis were fired a couple of weeks ago.