Last night, was the first of 6 community input meetings on the redistricting/consolidation plan. According to local media outlets, there were about 500 people at Miller Grove High School.
In what continues to be a ongoing effort of transparency, the presentation for the meeting was posted on the DCSS website.
In addition, they have put up a form so that you provide your comments via the internet.
You also have the ability to read what others are saying. Trust me when I say that your comments will be have more impact if you are not cutting and pasting from someone else's email. If you don't care enough to be throughtful with your own response, why even bother?
Here is the schedule for the workshops. I would love to hear from people who went to see how it worked and if the tables really reached consensus.
• 6:30 -7:00 PM Goals for Tonight Overview of Options• 7:00 – 8:00 PM Small Group Discussion
• 8:00 – 9:30 PM Tables report out
How this will work tonight
• Small Group Discussion (7:00 – 8:00)
– Table Introductions and selection of Scribe, Timekeeper, and Reporter
– Round 1 - Pluses
– Round 2 - Deltas
– Round 3 - Consensus Alternative
• Large Group Share (8:00 – 9:30)
– Presentation of Consensus Alternative by Table Recorder