Send an email to Bill Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org . GPEE can provide up to 2 copies for free and will ask for postage reimbursement for more than that.
This year's issue includes 10 indicators that show where Georgia is in relation to states ranked 20th in a particular category. It shows how far we have to go, as a state, to crack the Top 20! DCSS has even further to go under present Palace "leadership" and their BOE-supported philosophy of "Act Now, Plan Later."
You can also read and download GPEE's Top Ten Issues to Watch in 2011, as well as other relevant reports -- including Top Ten Issues for previous years -- online.
The Top Ten Issues for 2011 are:
- Georgia's new leaders: where will they take us
- Continuing our Race To The Top
- Early learning: quality and access for our children
- Confronting poverty: a dire need
- Eradicating gaps in student achievement
- College and career readiness: are we getting it right
- Getting a handle on school choice
- Scraping the barrel: our new school funding model
- Understanding teacher effectiveness
- The need for honest and accurate data